Easy Peezy Organic Chocolate Cake
1 cup organic flour
1/2 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (aluminum free)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
1/4 teaspoon organic sea salt
1/3 cup of Agave nectar or 1 cup of organic evaporated cane juice
1 teaspoons of vanilla
3/4 cups organic milk (cow's, almond or rice)
1/3 cup organic coconut oil
1 organic egg
To make it "spiced" add
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 1/2 in round cake pan. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, evaporated cane juice, (If you are using agave, wait to add this to the wet ingredients) cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla. ( Add agave if you are using it.)
- Beat well on low speed for 2 minutes. Add egg, beat for 2 more minutes. Spread into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool in cake pan on a rack for 10 min. That's it!
I like to put a glaze and fresh organic strawberries on top.
Organic Chocolate Glaze
Melt 4 oz of organic chopped chocolate and 3 tablespoons of organic butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Beat in 1 1/2 cups of organic powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons of hot water. Stir in more water if you want it thinner.